Monday, February 13, 2017

Meet Your Experience Leaders: Part 1



Hi everyone! My name is Nicole Moy and I am a senior biology major with a sustainability minor. I live in Howard County, Maryland and in my free time, I enjoy kayaking, yoga, baking, reading, and Disney movies. My favorite animal is a seahorse, although sea turtles are definitely growing on me. This is my fourth year volunteering at the Karen Beasley Sea Turtle Rescue and Rehabilitation Center and I can't wait to have more hands on interactions with these amazing creatures. In the past, we've had the opportunity to engage in many activities with our community partners, including observing a sea turtle necropsy, learning about oyster reef efforts in the local area, and teaching 300+ local school children. I’m excited to meet all the new turtles this spring while continuing to learn about conservation efforts with a new group of participants! Terps Helping Turtles has been one of the best parts of my college career, so get excited for an awesome week in Topsail!

No comments:

Post a Comment