Monday, February 13, 2017

Meet Your Experience Leaders: Part 2 :)


Hey everyone! My name is Katie Aceto and I’m a sophomore Animal Sciences/Pre-Vet major. I’m from Rockville, MD and in my free time I enjoy playing sports, volunteering, spending time with my dog, reading, listening to country music, and irresponsibly binge-watching The Office, Parks and Rec, and Once Upon a Time on Netflix ;) I have a lot of favorite animals, but some of my favorites are dogs, tigers, elephants, dolphins, and sea turtles (of course)! This is my second year on the Terps Helping Turtles trip. I am so excited to be back because, honestly, Terps Helping Turtles was one of the best experiences of my life, and I really hope you all enjoy it too! Not only did we get to work with sea turtles last year, but we also participated in a sea turtle necropsy, visited a local raptor center, taught children about sea turtles, and attended various talks on issues affecting sea turtles and our environment. Looking forward to sharing this experience with everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment