Friday, March 3, 2017

Meet Your Staff Advisor!

Hi!  I am a super proud Terp alum who earned my BA in Criminology and Criminal Justice from Maryland in 2005 and a College Park Scholars citation in Environmental Studies.  Upon graduation, I entered the federal workforce in counterintelligence with the National Security Agency before heading to graduate school for a Master's in College Student Personnel.  I sailed to 10 countries on Semester at Sea in 2009, and I am *always* looking for my next passport stamp!  Terps Helping Turtles will be my second Maryland Alternative Break trip; in 2016 I advised a group of students in the Bahamas studying ecotourism and sustainability.  I most recently hail from Bucknell University, which is where I met my fabulous husband Derek more than 6 years ago.  Sometimes I bring him along on ILS trips :-D  I am committed to a diverse and inclusive learning environment and love advising and mentoring students in their individual pursuit of excellence while normalizing self-care.  

No comments:

Post a Comment