Saturday, March 4, 2017

Nickachu

Hellooo, readers! I can hardly wait to go on this once in a lifetime trip, and I'm especially excited that the other participants and I will be updating this blog every day to share our experiences!

I'm Nicku Keshavarz, a sophomore biology major/sustainability studies minor who loves traveling, listening to music, eating, and meeting new people. Remembering back to a couple years ago when I was looking at colleges to attend, this specific Alternative Breaks trip really attracted me to UMD's Integrated Life Sciences program, and I've been dying to go on it ever since I decided to enroll at the university. Overpopulation and climate change are two of my main concerns and areas of interest, so getting this opportunity to work directly with suffering animals and make a difference makes me feel extremely lucky. I'm also looking forward to getting to know the other ILS students going on the trip, listening to different playlists during the drive, creating new memories and inside jokes, and learning more about our impact on marine life.

I strongly encourage everyone to go on at least one Alternative Break trip during their years at UMD, because it is an unbelievably rewarding experience, where you serve others and travel with people who are as passionate about service as you are. I can't wait to see what this trip has in store for us :)

No comments:

Post a Comment